Thursday, January 25, 2018

Work to rule

Recent events at my place of work have made me revise some of my thoughts on work ethics and procedures. In the past, I felt that the company's policy is what is used to guide the procedures and ethical behaviours of members of staff. 
I was wrong. These policies are created by a person who their own personal experiences my decide what they want out of the staff in terms of output, input and general team interactions.
Our ethics, however, is what we as workers bring to the fore. Even though things are put in place to guide us it is
our own moral compass that helps us decide if we will follow blindly or do what makes us feel comfortable in the work environment. Of course, us bending the rules is to help to improve the firms' productivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment